LIFTING AS WE CLIMB SCHOLARSHIP
In partnership with Funk Fest Concerts and other sponsors and donors, Lifting As We Climb awards scholarship(s) to college students who have met the eligibility requirements and criteria listed below, and who are enrolled in an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution during the 2016-2017 school year. The opportunity is also extended to high school seniors who have been accepted to accredited U.S. post-secondary institutions and plan to enroll during the 2016-2017 school year. Scholarship recipients will be selected by a committee appointed by Lifting As We Climb, Inc. and Funk Fest Concerts, Inc.
- Student must be currently enrolled in an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution during the 2016-2017 school year, or be a graduating high school senior who has been accepted to an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution and plans to enroll during 2016-2017 school year
- Student must provide proof of full-time enrollment or acceptance
- Student must attend school in or be a resident of a Funk Fest concert market. Tour markets for 2016 include: Orlando, FL, Jacksonville, FL, Atlanta, GA, Birmingham, AL, Mobile, AL, Washington, DC and Detroit, MI. Applicants are only eligible to apply for and receive a scholarship in one market.
- Student must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale and must provide an official transcript
- Student must be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States and a person of color
- Complete application form
- Copy of college transcript.
- Copy of HS transcript
- An essay of NO MORE THAN 500 WORDS that describes how you have given back to your local community that includes a message to other youth encouraging them to do the same.
- At least one (1) post on social media alerting followers that you have applied for the scholarship
To apply, please CLICK HERE.