Project LIFT – Educational Scholarships
In partnership with Funk Fest Concerts and other sponsors and donors, Lifting As We Climb awards scholarship(s) to college students who have met the eligibility requirements and criteria listed below, and who are enrolled in an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution during the school year. The scholarship amounts range from $1000 to $2500 per award and may vary per concert market. The opportunity is also extended to high school seniors who have been accepted to accredited U.S. post-secondary institutions. Scholarship recipients will be selected by a committee appointed by Lifting As We Climb, Inc. and Funk Fest Concerts, Inc.
- Student must be currently enrolled in an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution during the 2017-2018 school year, or be a graduating high school senior who has been accepted to an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution and plans to enroll during the 2017-20178 school year
- Student must provide proof of full-time enrollment or acceptance
- Student must attend school in or be a resident of a Funk Fest concert market. Tour markets for 2017 include: Orlando, FL, Jacksonville, FL, Atlanta, GA, Birmingham, AL, Mobile, AL, Little Rock, AR, Kansas City, KS, Charlotte, NC, Tallahassee, FL and Miami, FL. Applicants are only eligible to apply for and receive a scholarship in one market.
- Student must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale and must provide an official transcript
- Student must be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States
- Preference may be afforded to students from underrepresented communities
- Complete application form
- Copy of college transcript
- If student is a high school senior – copy of high school transcript and proof of college acceptance
- An essay of AT LEAST 250 WORDS that describes your interest in the music industry (performing arts, artist management, promotions, songwriting, etc.) and how the scholarship would impact your related educational goals, if selected
- One letter of recommendation from an adult who knows you well, but is not a relative, such as a teacher, professor, community service advisor, coach or employer.
Deadlines / Selection
- Student’s application, essay and all required documentation must be timely received
- Selection committee reserves the right to interview candidates in person or by telephone
|Little Rock, AR
|Kansas City, KS
Announcement of Awards
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by Lifting as We Climb and will be expected to participate in a presentation at the Funk Fest concert in the Market for which they applied for the scholarship
To apply, please CLICK HERE.